Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2012 Author Wrap-Up with Miriam Forster

GC: What is best book you read in 2012?


MF: It's probably a tie between Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers and Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. But there were SO MANY awesome books this year that it's hard to choose.

GC: What was your favorite thing you wrote in 2012?

MF: My favorite thing I wrote was the first page of a book that I wasn't expecting to write. Basically, my editor and I were kicking around an idea and I decided to jump into it without a plan, just to try it. By the time I was finished with the first page, I was in love.  I can't tell you any more yet. :)

GC: What was your biggest writing struggle in 2012, and how did you overcome it?

MF: I think my biggest writing struggle was feeling like I had to get everything exactly right. I had finally sold a book and I wanted to do all my edits perfectly and get it all done on time and be someone that was pleasant to work with. 

My editor was fantastic, but I put a lot of pressure on myself, and it wasn't necessary.  It took a lot of stress and freakouts to learn that I'm still allowed to make mistakes and ask questions and say I need things.  I also had to learn to stand up and own my work.

GC: What can readers expect from you in the new year?


MF: Well, City of a Thousand Dolls comes out February 5th, (Eeeeeee!!!!!) and there are some really fun things coming down the pipe for that. Also, I plan to still be blogging and working on other projects. 

GC: Write down your 'Writing Resolution of 2013!'

MF: I'd like to write something new. I'd also like to eat less chocolate while editing, but let's face it, that probably won't happen. :)

GC: Sounds like an easy resolution to break to me. 

No comments: