Friday, May 4, 2012

Back So Soon?

Have you missed me?


I want to say a quick 'Thank You' for all the promotional post offers I have been receiving! Without those, MPB would have been full of crickets.

In some ways I feel like I barely got a break and in others, I feel like I've never made MPB all it could be. 

I sort-of feel like the bones have been engaged, but the soul has been missing all this time.

Why do I say this? Well, when I started this blog I was in a dark and scary place and I didn't want to open up. I began the blog to talk about the one thing keeping me sane-books-but I never really let y'all in. 

I've written very few personal posts; mostly I've commented on the world of YA. I've written reviews that were my personal feelings, I've discussed covers, the good, the bad and the ugly, all by my personal standards. I've interviewed authors and gleefully hosted guest blogs (those authors wrote for me, for my blog! Still makes me happy-clap!) I've got the bones of the operation down, but what I think MPB is missing is a soul, not a stamp, or a bent, but an honest-to-God soul.

What do I mean?

I mean Musings turned to missives. Thoughts turned into theories. Words turned to long-winded commentaries on everything bookish, from writing, to reading, to blogging. 

I'm opening MPB up to these possibilities starting now! 


Besides the new review format I hope y'all have all seen called Mod Podge Thoughts, I will also be posting some Mod Pod Musings. 

Discussions on writing, querying, writing some more, having nervous break-downs, editing your own stuff, writing again, and cue the second hysterical crying spree.

Commentaries on my changing tastes in literature, what I want to read more of, what I want to pitch. 

Blogging issues, blogging highs, blogging lows, advice on blogging, advice on running the other way from opening a blog, because some days I wonder what I've gotten myself into. 

And guess what?

I'm accepting guest blogs on all these topics and more! 

Please e-mail me at modpodgebooks@gmail.com if you have something to say on writing, reading, or blogging! 

Other Updates:

I still need a roommate, or two, for BEA12! I don't snore, I  smell nice, and I laugh a lot. If I sound like a dream, please comment! 

I'm looking to be your assistant. Ask me why I would be a bookishly fabulous assistant! And then hire me, pretty please!

I have spots still open for portrait sittings at Book Expo America 2012!


You can now buy Mod Podge Prints on Etsy!

I am launching a Design facet to MPB! Coming soon! Comment if you are interested!

I am launching a Character-Naming facet to MPB! Coming soon! Comment if you are intrigued! 

You can now buy AD SPACE on MPB!

Are you sensing I am a penniless college student yet?

I am unable to host The Patron Saint of Book Blogging (for now) due to reasons I will get to in a later post.



No comments: