Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fins are Forever (ARC)

Fins Are Forever

Author: Tera Lynn Childs

Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books

Pages: 272

Read Time: 3 Days

Tag Words: Fins Are Forever, Mermaids, Waterlily & Quince, sequel

My Summary:

Lily Sanderson is having some problems...

She hasn’t been able to spend enough quality time with her hunky new boyfriend Quince because...

Doe has been banished from Thalassinia, for heaven-knows-what, and is suddenly...

Crushing on her ex-crush, Brodi. This issue comes up right before Lily’s 18th birthday and her father decides that their separation ceremony will be Lily’s last act as Princess, because...

Lily is about to turn 18 and she’s about to give up her kingdom. For good.

My Review:

I’m disappointed. I hate to say that about a book, series or author I enjoy, but there it is. D-I-S-A-P-P-O-I-N-T-E-D.

Why: We spend an entire book knowing that Lily should be kissing on Quince from page one, to read a book about watching said relationship disintegrate. I wanted more Quincly, not less!

Why else: Contrived. This plot was so contrived, it hurt. The “twists” made me cringe. Disregard the final chapter of book one, apparently Childs did.

Yep, short review, because unlike a book that I have no expectations/no hopes resting on, I wanted to love this book and I don’t want to be horrid. Due to the amount of disappointment I am feeling, I could be.

Notes on the Names:

Tellin is the only new name. It works within the world, so I like it, though the character and his presence was annoying as all get up and go.

Thoughts on the Cover:

I think it’s suppose to be Doe, yes? If it is, I love it! If it’s another shot of Lily...it’s wrong.

Parental Book Review *spoilers*
Sexual Content:

Mild.

Kissing & Lily walks in on Doe and Brodi without some of their cloths on, and quickly reprimands them.

Language:

Mild.

H- 2
D- 2

Violence:

None.

Other Notables:

None.


1 comment:

Miss Page-Turner said...

Oh sad you were disappointed:/ I still want to read the book and hope I like it better.