Monday, October 17, 2011

Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand

Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand (Disney Fairies)

Author: Gail Carson Levine

Publisher: Disney Press

Pages: 191

Read Time: I read this out loud to someone over a period of time.

Tag Words: Middle Grade, Children's book, Picture Book, Neverland Fairies, series, fantasy, Tinker Bell, Peter Pan, Mermaids, magic wands, friendships, desires, wishes, moral of the story

My Summary:

Rani wanted a friend and Soop wanted a wand.

When a mermaid’s desires mix with a fairies hopes chaos ensues and a Quest begins!

My Review:

Okay, so this book was entirely scattered. I’m so disappointed. The characters were true to themselves, and I loved Prilla & Sara Quirtle, but this plot! My goodness, where was Levine going with this?

The moral of the story mostly escaped me because of how whackadoodle this plot was. The wand truly twisted readers one way, and then the next. It dragged on for far too long and was just weird. Rani-Bat, need I say more?

For fans of the author, and her Neverland Fairy series... I’d say re-read book one, or maybe just skip to book three, which of course I will be reading! The little girl in that book is named Gwendolyn, which is, for those of you who are new to the blog (welcome!), is my future daughter’s name.

Notes on the Names:

Sara Quirtle. Aw.

Soop. Soup?

Thoughts on the Cover:

David Christiana is an awesome illustrator, he did a fantastic job, once again.

Parental Book Review *spoilers*

Sexual Content:

None.

Language:

None.

Violence:

None.

Other Notables:

None.

No comments: