Friday, January 7, 2011

It's Kind of a Funny Story

It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini




My review:

I didn’ t like the book, I am looking foreward to the movie.

I think I know why. A screenplay will cut down on the boring, slightly icky, mostly emotionaly devoid inner teenage-boy monolouge down by a lot. Being stuck in Craig’s head was painful and I only read about one hundred pages in.
I was bored, I was uninterested and I was expecting something more clever than I was reading.

This book made me really glad I’ll never be a teenage boy, they say teen girls are more complicated, but I think teenage girls have a better, more interesting perspective on their problems, at least, according to this novel.

Notes on the Names: Craig. Don’t like it. Fits the character for that reason.

Thoughts on the Cover: The cover is what made me think I was in for a really clever, witty and intelligent read. It’s not that the book was the antithesis of my expectations, I just wasn’t interested in the story, or the characters past this cover.


No comments: