Sunday, December 16, 2012

Real Mermaids Eat Chocolate


Real Mermaids Festive Treats

Hi everyone! Jade here from Real Mermaids. 


One of my favourite things about the upcoming holidays is the great treats we get to make and share. I love food so much, in fact, that I included a recipe for some of my favourite snacks in each of the Real Mermaids books. 

My friend Cori and I thought we’d experiment a bit and ‘holiday-ize’ each recipe for you!

In Real Mermaids Don’t Wear Toe Rings, I was stuck at my Gran’s cottage without any chocolate in sight. That’s when I turned to Google and found a recipe for a 5-minute Chocolate Mug Cake. Yes! Cake in FIVE MINUTES. I added raspberries and whipped cream to this version. Holiday dessert, anyone?


Chocolate Mug Cake with Raspberries and Whipped Cream


First, get yourself the biggest microwaveable mug in the cupboard. Add:
- 4 tablespoons flour 
- 4 tablespoons sugar 
- 2 tablespoons cocoa 

Mix it well. Then add:
- 1 egg 

Mix. Then add:
- 3 tablespoons milk 
- 3 tablespoons oil 

Mix. Then add:
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (NOT optional—at least as far as I’m concerned) 
- 1 capful of vanilla extract 

And… MIX! 

Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will look like it’s going to overflow but don’t freak out! Let it cool for a bit (unless you want to burn your lips off) and add raspberries and whipped cream to make it fancy, then ENJOY!

Happy treats and have a great holiday, everyone!

Love,

Jade

A note from Gabrielle Carolina:

Thank you Jade, for stopping by with your holiday recipe! I happen to ADORE raspberries (esspecially those in canoodles with chocolate.)

For all my G-Free guys and gals, I would suggest substituting coconut flour for the wheat flour to create this delicious confection! In fact, I think I'm going to go make some right now and slip into a bath with the latest in the Real Mermaids series by Helene Boudreau!



3 comments:

Zed said...

A 5minutes cake? That sounds great...thanks!

Bellas Shelf said...

This sounds quite yummy and perfect for someone like me that is always looking for late night treats to accompany my book reading!
I saw Real Mermaids Don't Wear High Heels the other day and thought it looked interesting..
It must of been fate because here I am again & here it is again..
Thank you..
(New follower too)

Ash said...

MMMM, that sounds delicious. Definitely going to have to try making this! :D