The Liberation of Max McTrue Contest
Brought to you by Figment.com and Kim Culbertson
Kim Culbertson is joining Figment for a whirlwind weekend of Flash Fiction to celebrate her new ebook, The Liberation of Max McTrue!
Enter the Max McTrue Flash Fiction Contest!
There will be a Total of three prizes: Each winner gets a free download of The Liberation of Max McTrue as well as a custom-made “beautiful things” journal. The first place winner will also receive a 30 minute manuscript review by Kim Culbertson.
All you have to do is write a super short story under 500 words that follows one of the four prompts below. Submit your entry between 11:00am on February 3rd, 2012 and 11:59pm on February 5th, 2012. The Figment editorial staff will choose the top ten entries as finalists, and Kim will choose the winners from those finalists.
(1) Write a story set against the backdrop of a scavenger hunt.
(2) Write a story confined to the periods of a school day. The character can be in school or out of school.
(3) Write a story in which a character is deeply afraid of something.
(4) Come up with a totally ordinary character and then set him/her up to have an extraordinary day.
How to enter:
- Go to www.figment.com and sign up.
- Once you have received your confirmation email, go to your Figment profile page, click “My Writing,” and “Create Something New.”
- Before you start writing, read the full rules on the Max McTrue contest page, which you’ll be able to find under the “Contest” tab on Figment on February 3rd, 2012.
- Write an original story, under 500 words, that follows one of the four prompts above.
- Go to the “Details” tab of your story, and put maxmctrue in the “Tags” section.
- Wait the 2 hours it sometimes takes to see your story appear on the contest page.