Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Trust (ARC)

The Trust: A Secret Society Novel

Author: Tom Dolby

Publisher: HarperTeen

Pages: 308

Read Time: 3 days

Tag Words: Secret society novel

My Summary:

Honestly? I’m not sure what this one was about.

Here’s my best attempt:

In the sequel to Secret Society Dolby’s characters go on a treasure hunt in an attempt to free themselves of the constraints of the Society.

My Review:

How did I feel about this one? Well, I didn’t. I didn’t feel, the characters didn’t feel, I’m not sure what Dolby was feeling. This book lacked feeling and oomph and possibly sense.

I just finished this book not hours ago and beyond that synopsis I am not sure how I spent 308 pages. I really don’t know what happened in The Trust. I am seriously sitting here trying to recall occurrences between the pages and am drawing a complete blank. That never happens to me. Ever.

One thing I can point to that could have been much stronger were the relationships, romantic, familial and platonic. To create believable relationships I feel a book must have strong emotion, something I’ve already said I feel the book strongly lacks.

It wasn’t good, it wasn’t bad, I have no bone to pick, but it wasn’t good. I did, however, like how clean the content was, although in the case of Nick and Phoebe it was too clean. If they kissed once I missed it... which is saying something since the kissing scenes are always my favorites.

Notes on the Names:

Drawing blanks besides the main characters who were in book one.

Thoughts on the Cover:

Consistently the most amazing aspect of the Society novels. They have managed to get three out of three models perfectly!

Parental Book Review *spoilers*

Sexual Content:

None.
Language:

Mild

B- 1
Bas***d- 2
H- 2
D- 1
A- 1

Violence:

None.

Other Notables:

None.

No comments: