Saturday, September 10, 2011

Authentic Beauty


Author: Leslie Ludy

Publisher: Multnomah Publishers

Pages: 252

Read Time: 3 days

Rating (1-5): 4.5

Tag Words: Christian world view, a set-apart life, Amy Carmichael, True Beauty through Jesus Christ, True love, priorities, forgiveness

My Summary:

Authentic Beauty is in part the story of how Leslie Ludy came to truly know the Prince of her heart and part how she encourages you to do the same and find Authentic Beauty in Him. 

Authentic Beauty is the guide to being a Lily amongst Thorns.

My Review:

This book is a far cry from what I usually review, but you know what, I originally named my blog The Mod Podge Bookshelf because I was hoping to encompass all the books that fill my shelves, a very Mod-Podgey assortment at that. If you aren’t interested skip the review, but I hope you will read what I have to say, this is one of those ‘Change Your life’ books I’m glad to share with all of you!

Authentic Beauty is true to the title, it is a book, and a story, about one woman’s journey and her prayer that we all may find what she has. 

This book is not for the faint of heart, nor for those who are uninterested in furthering their walk with Christ, but please don’t let that discourage you! Read the book in wisdom, ready to take all Ludy has to say back to God and be ready to apply what you feel led to into your own life. 

I agree with the basic messages, the guide posts, the hopes and prayers included in Authentic Beauty. My only critique is that at times Ludy is not very realistic and by that I mean she is basing her book out of her own experiences- and what other way can you do things?- and so at times the message comes off a bit too perfect, a multiple-step program, instead of factoring in that others will have different routes of arrival and life is a bit unfathomable, we don’t know what is coming next and surprises are always ready to throw a curve ball into the perfect plan. 

If you are seeking answers to why you are empty, if you wish to see past the typical Americanized Christian lifestyle and be used to glorify Christ and His Kingdom pick up Authentic Beauty and read on! I pray it will touch your life in a mighty way. 






Parental Book Review *spoilers*

Sexual Content: 

There is a warning at the beginning of the book letting parents know that Leslie will present stories where sexual impurity- such as middle schoolers giving oral sex- will be invoked to prove a point. 

Language: 

None.

Violence: 

A story about Betsey ten Boom is told about her times in a Holocaust Camp.

Other Notables: 

None. 


No comments: