Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Rosalinda Samantha Fitzroy

20090127175454
Today we have an interview with Rosalinda Samantha Fitzroy, of Anna Sheehan's debut A Long, Long Sleep.


Reporter Gabrielle Carolina: Rose! Rose! Over here, Gabrielle Carolina of the Mod Podge Bookshelf. Is it true? You've been asleep for nearly 60 years?

Rose: Sixty-two, so they tell me. I couldn’t really count the time in stasis.

GC: What was it like, to have been asleep for so long and to have just woken up?

Rose: Well, everything is very different. But it’s good to be back.

GC: Rose, can you describe to us what Stasis is, how you used it to survive the plague and what it feels like when you're asleep?

Rose: Stasis isn’t sleep, really. It’s suspended animation. You can’t die in stasis, and you can’t get sick, apart from stass fatigue. As for what it feels like... I’m sure there are off-world colonists who can answer that for you. I think its different for everyone.

GC: What are your plans now?

Rose: I’m starting school at Uni Prep in a few weeks. I’m really looking forward to it.

GC: Has anyone contacted you who was in your life before you went to sleep? Rose? I’m sorry. I wasn’t trying to make you cry.

Rose: Oh... I’m not. My eyes are just weak from the stass-fatigue. No. I think everyone died in the plagues... Excuse me. I have to catch up to my foster mother. Have a good day.

1 comment:

The Flashlight Reader said...

What a great picture! It really does capture Rose.