Monday, June 20, 2011

The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen


Author: Julie Kagawa


Publisher: Harlequin Teen


Pages: 358


Read Time: One day

Tag Words: The Iron Fey series, Meghan Chase, Ash, true love, Puck, Grimalkin, Adventure, secrets, battles, triumph, Best I’ve Read 2011

The Summary:

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the Fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, behind me.

But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron Fey that will drag me back kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who has sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of a conflict so powerful I’m not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

My Review:

Thank God this is not the end of the series, just the end of Meghan’s story. Still, there was grieving involved when I closed the cover. At the same time I was filled with the most immense pride for Meghan. I am so proud of her and her journey, this book sealed a deal I didn’t know if I was happy making with book one, but now I can say that I am Team Meghan and will always be so.

Beyond being Team Meghan I am Team Ash and that point was driven home with the pledge he makes in this book, seriously, I don’t think I have ever read anything so sexy, so masculine, so romantic, so all-comsumingly amazing. I re-read that page ten times, all the while grinning like the Cheshire cat!

As for the who behind the whole Iron-Rebellion. Meh. I’ll be honest, not crazy about the choice, not sure I believe it, but Meghan’s actions, her words, her choice, it just brought me to jagged, snuffling, wheezing, racking, grinning-through-the-pain tears. I love this book for that, all of Meghan in this book far eclipses the choice of a villan, anyway.

This is one of the best books I’ve read this year. If you’re not reading this series you are crazy.

Notes on the Names: 

Nothing new, but is it just me or is Ash on a boy sounding better and better? ; )

Thoughts on the Cover: *EPIC MAJOR SPOILER*

I think it’s brilliance. If you’ve read it, look closer. They blended Iron and Summer.

Did I mention brilliant?!


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Great review! I still need to read this one. I'll definitely have to get to it soon :)