Friday, March 18, 2011

Contest Craziness: Team ? and My (Kissing) Island Getaway!

I love Contest Craze, it is so much fun. This time I am going to do a double post, first things first A Casual Reader wants to know what five characters from books I read in 2010/2011 I would bring to my island hangout. Here they are:

Ashalynn'darkmyre Tallyn (That's right, I can command him by his True Name) of Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series. Why? For kissing and because I need protection from scary Lagoon creatures. 


"My name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court...Let it be known--from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase Gabrielle Carolina, daughter of the Summer King (Princess Gabrielle, I like the sound of that), with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on..." His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. "I am yours."


Quince Fletcher from Terra Lynn Childs Forgive My Fins. Why? Because I want to teach him how to swim! And... for kissing while Ash is busy freezing all the snotty Mergirls. Including, but not limited to Dosinia and the other one who doesn't see a good thing when it stares her in the face. What was her name? Mily? Jily? Bily? 


Tumblr_l9kedjznfp1qd439r_largeWho else... Kate, from Lisa and Laura Roeckers debut The Liar Society. She will be there for me when I want to lie on the beach, drink Full-Fat-Frappes and dissect my passionate, slightly paranormal, love triangle with two hott, but completely opposite dudes. And if I am tragically killed whilst they duel for my love (Heathcliff and Linton style) she will be loyal to my ghost and check her e-mail for messages from beyond the grave. BFF alert! 


I have to invite two more people and since I already have two hunks, a best friend, a beach and a triple F, I think I need to invite a couple along this road trip of desire, sand and cafe. What about Amy and Roger from Morgan Matson's Amy and Roger's Epic Detour? After all, they are use to taking Epic Detours, which is a metaphor for life... and possibly for coffee. 




***

Tumblr_lfut6gdavc1qcffu8o1_500_largeNow I am suppose to pick a Team. I really can't pick one team to talk about like an obsessive fangirl without embarrassing myself past the point of no return (Team Phantom), so we are going to play 'Would You Rather...', Pick a Team, Version 2.0 Hawt. 

Team Edward or Team Jacob? Team Taylor Lautner? 

Team Ash or Team Puck? Team Ash's personality, possessive streak and general confidence on Team Puck's Irish Bod. 

Team Minnie Mouse or Team Daisy Duck? Team... Helium???

 Team Heathcliff or Team Linton. Team Soulmates. "Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same!"

Team Will or Team Sue? Team Let's-Convince-Blake-He's-Straight! 

Team Apple or Team Banana? Team Spinach. 

Team Taylor or Team Joe? Team You-Shoulda-Said-No!

Team Phantom or Team Raul? Team I-Can't-Choose! 

First and Foremost, however, I am Team Contralto! If you think your team is better...Team Soprano You Are Going Down... then grab one of the buttons to support Sara Bennett Wealer's debut Rival. You can find them in the sidebar of my blog. 

2 comments:

Sara said...

Team soprano all the way!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating in my contest. This was great.... it made me laugh! And who wouldn't want Prince Ash to swoon over on a tropical island!!