Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Quotes From the Heart


I love quotes! Here's ten of my favorites, but I couldn't even rank them!



"The Sky is Everywhere, it starts at your feet." 

Jandy Nelson, The Sky is Everywhere



"I will not be somebody's Honey, Baby, Sweetheart." 

Deb Caletti, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart



"'It's so she can fly,' I said, and then I started to run." 

Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever



Plato



"If you weren't driving, I'd kiss you senseless," I tell him. He swerves to the side of the road and stops the car abruptly. "Not driving anymore." 

Melina Marchetta, Jellicoe Road


Emily Dickinson



"Never love a wild thing... You'll end up looking at the sky." 

Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's



Sylvia Plath



"The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." 

Flannery O'Connor



"It takes ten times as long to pull yourself together as it does to fall apart." 

Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow good choice of quotes I love them :o ! But shame on me I've never read any of these books except Hunger Games and the Sky is everywhere :/...

Dazzling Mage said...

Awesome top ten list!

Anonymous said...

I love Flannery O'Connor. She's one of my favorite writers, and it's so cool to see her included on your list.

Nea said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I SO loved The sky is Everywhere!! And I love the quote you've picked! And I love the of of Jelicoe Road!! Awesome top 10 ;) <3

Keri said...

I love that quote from The Hunger Games...and you could compose a whole list of just the beautiful words from The Sky is Everywhere.