Saturday, December 8, 2012

2012 Author Wrap-Up with Katie McGarry

Today Katie McGarry, author of one of the most buzzed about YA debuts of the year tells us all about her year in books!


GC: What is best book you read in 2012?  

KM: It's a tie. I LOVED Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter and Something Like Normal by Trish Doller

GC: What was your favorite thing you wrote in 2012? 

KM: There's a scene in Dare You To, Beth's story, that I revisited when I was doing revisions where Beth is discussing what love is...or is not. It's an absolutely heartbreaking moment and has become one of the favorite things I have ever written.  Dare You To is scheduled to be released in 2013. It's the companion novel to Pushing the Limits.

GC: What was your biggest writing struggle in 2012, and how did you overcome it? 


KM: Juggling the release of Pushing the Limits while my kiddos were home on summer break, sledging through revisions on the next book, while working on my work-in-progress. There were several times when I thought I was going to lose my mind. To get through it, I took everything day by day and we ate out a lot. 

GC: What can readers expect from you in the new year?  

KM: Dare You To, Beth's book, is scheduled to be released in 2013. I can't wait for the world to read her story! 

GC: Write down your 'Writing Resolution of 2013!' 

KM: To finish my work-in-progress!

Thank you!

Katie McGarry
Pushing the Limits ~ Harlequin Teen ~ July 31, 2012
www.katielmcgarry.com
YA Fusion Group Blog: http://yafusion.blogspot.com/

No comments: