Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mod Podge Thoughts (19)


Unspoken 


by Sarah Rees Brennan

Thot: 

I really enjoyed this novel for the most part, though there were a few bits and pieces I thought needed a touch more 'oomph.' For one, I'm not all that thrilled about the Lynburn revelation. It just didn't feel cool enough/ big enough/ original enough/ organic enough to me. The characters, on the other hand, were the epitome of cool/big/original/organic; I laughed out loud so many times. 
#TeamRusty

Q: 

From the query letter (the book summary) and first ten pages I would have requested a full, asked for revisions, and hoped the author was keen as her characters are some of my favorites ever!

Cover Lover: 

How much do you think I adore this cover? No! You're not thinking big enough with your adoration-thoughts! 

The color, the Gothic shadow-boxing, the lack of models, the font, the artiness, the elements, the BACK COVER ADDITION! *falls down from glee* This is my definition of the perfect cover.

The Witch of Duva 


by Leigh Bardugo

Thot:

My, oh my, reading this reminded me of when I read Shadow & Bone's prologue. Bardugo is at her best when she is writing in third person and her best is quite brilliant, indeed!

The Girl Who Ruled Fairyland- For a Little While 


by Catherynne M. Valente

Thot:

Too quirky for its own good.

I'll still be reading the actual book, though!

Cover Lover:

A great addition to the series, which has wonderful covers as a whole!

Prophet 


by Jennifer Bosworth

Thot:

This short put me off reading the book. I don't really want to wade through the twisted religion plot lines in Struck.

Glitches 


by Marissa Meyer

Thot:

Acting as Prophet's antithesis, Glitches made me pull Cinder off my shelf and crack the spine! More on that next time!



No comments: