Friday, November 23, 2012

Mod Podge Predictions: Magical Realism and High-Concept YA!


As the new catalogues come rolling in I'm ready to start making some predictions for the new season of YA!

I'm seeing bunches of magical realism, and I think this between-genre will take YA by storm! 

Magical Realism, for those of you who aren't fan-girls, like myself, is comprised of a contemporary setting and characters with elements of "other-worldliness" that can appeal to fans of paranormal, supernatural & sci-fi! 

I'm also noticing that high-concept YA is coming to play in the new year! 

I am thrilled for this new wave, as I am a literary writer myself, and books that strive and press to be the best of the best are the books I like to surround myself with most of all. 

Here are some books in both categories that I would keep my eyes peeled for in 2013! 

I think these titles are all poised for success...



The Archived by Victoria Schwab



Splintered by A.G. Howard



17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma



Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke



Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza



Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys



Solstice by P.J. Hoover



Just One Day by Gayle Forman



Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger



Mind Games by Kiersten White



The Ruining by Anna Collomore



Sweet Damage by Rebecca James



Icons by Margaret Stohl



Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton




Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider



Born of Illusion by Teri Brown


The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McCulloch


Taste Test by Kelly Fiore

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Where moght i get the catelouges?

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

All of these look great!!! I'll definitely be adding them to my TBR! Thanks for highlighting them

Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Lark Andrea said...

I just finished Splintered and it was FABULOUS!