Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mod Podge Thoughts (17)



Splintered 


by A.G. Howard

Thot: Oh, my gosh, I knew I would be right, and I was, this book has all the makings of a hit bestseller, ready for legions of fans to champion the lyrical writing and incredible adventure of A.G. Howard's debut novel, Splintered!

Q: I would have requested a full from the "query letter" (also known as the book summary in this case) and the first ten pages. After finishing the book in one sitting I would have offered representation and sent Anita a muffin basket filled with double-chocolate chip muffins to put me ahead of the competition for representation!

Cover Lover: COVER. LOVER! I mean, are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? This cover is perfect, gorgeous and highly imaginative. Genius.

Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland 


by Lewis Carroll

Thot: Such a weird, fun little book. 

Through the Looking Glass 


by Lewis Carroll

Thot: Such a weird, fun little book. ; )

She Went All the Way 


by Meg Cabot

Thot: Meg Cabot is always good for the soul, and though She Went All the Way is not my favorite of her fluffy little love stories, I did thoroughly enjoy myself. : )

The Archived 


by Victoria Schwab

Thot: I wish I knew how to write like Victoria Schwab. Her world-building is impeccable and her writing balances so lusciously between dramatic and descriptive, making every chapter important and interesting. This has been my favorite read of the year and caused me to go out and buy The Near Witch the second I was done!

Q: See my notes for Splintered! 

Cover Lover: Do you see that final jacket above, and how amazing it is? Well, let me tell you, when you actually read the book you're going to appreciate the design even more!




1 comment:

Wendy said...

That Splintered book cover is amazing. Love it!