Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mod Podge Thoughts (15)


Note: I felt strange about writing up a 'Query' section for these novels as their authors are tried and true and as an agent I would be honored to have all of these authors on my list!

The Curiosities 


by Gratton, Stiefvater & Yovanoff

Thot: One of my favorite books of all time. This book is like pure imagination on brain-crack with sugar cubes of awesome in a dish on the side. 

Cover Lover: I think this may actually be my favorite cover of all time. Not only does it very accurately set the tone of the entire project, but it's an art-cover, which I just adore, sending out a message that means a lot to me.

The Spindlers 


by Lauren Oliver

Thot: I was severely disappointed with this novel. The plot wasn't strong enough, the world never quite vivid, the tone lackluster and the characters were a combination of all these poor qualities. I love Lauren and her writing, but this book has a definite sophomore-slump situation going on after the brilliance of her first MG novel, Liesl & Po.

Name Acclaim: Liza! Oh, my word. And Mirabella! I don't remember any others besides Liza! And Mirabella! But that may just be because they shine so brightly everything else falls into shadow.

Where We Belong Audio Book



by Emily Giffin

Thot: I really enjoyed listening to this book on audio but didn't really enjoy all the drama that ensued when another reviewer posted her honest thoughts on Amazon. That spoiled things for me a bit. Still, if you're a fan of Giffin this one won't disappoint. 

The Raven Boys 



by Maggie Stiefvater

Thot: Yummy. I cannot wait for the next book as Raven Boys was fabulous and entirely intriguing with bloody fantastic characters! Seriously, Maggie's ability to create these people feels effortless. 

Name Acclaim: Blue Sargent is possibly one of the most brilliant FN/LN combos I've seen in a while! 

Cover Lover: Art cover for the win!

The Lost Prince 



by Julie Kagawa

Thot: Reading this reminded me of reading the first of Meghan's books. It was good, but it was not killer. Luckily Julie has this incredible ability to create full story arcs in every book within her trilogies, and every book gets better and better! So I just cannot wait to read the next book in the Call of the Forgotten series. 

Cover Lover: Where is his nipple? Am I the only one who has wondered this since the reveal?




No comments: