Tuesday, December 13, 2011

2011 Author Wrap-Up with Kiera Cass


What was the best book you've read all year? Tell me all about it!

KC: Okay, I know it's not YA, but One Day by David Nicholls might be my fave. I wanted to read it before seeing the movie, and I'm glad I did. They were pretty close to one another, but it was very powerful to read. I'm not sure I could explain it.

What was your favorite thing you wrote?

KC: Well, this is under wraps for now, but I've written some of the scenes in The Selection from other perspectives, and I've really enjoyed that. Seeing the same thing through a different pair of eyes makes the world and the people in it that much more real for me. I hope you'll get to read them sometime.

What was your biggest writing struggle, and how did you overcome it?

KC: Time. I think lots of authors (especially author mommies) feel this way. But I work hard to find time in the day. It's important to me, so I have to!

What can we expect from you in the new year?

KC: I'm in a dystopian short story collection called Brave New Love, which will be out in March, and The Selection will be out April 24. And I'm so excited because the week before it's released, I'll be at the RT Booklovers Convention in Chicago. I hope to meet a lot of my readers there!


Write down your 'Writing Resolution of 2012!'

KC: To not suck.




No comments: