Wednesday, December 14, 2011

2011 Author Wrap-Up with Kelly Keaton

What was the best book you've read all year? Tell me all about it! 

KK: This is a hard one; I've read a ton of great books this year. I guess my favorite that stands out in my mind right now are the Chronicles of Nick, INVINCIBLE and INFINITY by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Oh, and the two Kane Chronicles books, THE RED PYRAMID and THE THRONE OF FIRE by Rick Riordan were outstanding. Obviously, I can't pick just one! Ooh, and Cassandra Clare's CLOCKWORK ANGEL -- loved! ;-)

What was your favorite thing you wrote? 

KK: Probably my name on the papers that refinanced my house -- what a weight off my shoulders!

What was your biggest writing struggle, and how did you overcome it? 

KK: Early this year I had two books due within two weeks of each other. My schedule was such that I ended up writing the rough drafts at the same time, and then revising and polishing them both at the same time. I don't mind working on two projects (writing one, while editing another for instance), but writing two at once at the same stages of the writing process nearly killed my creative brain cells for good.

What can we expect from you in the new year? 

KK: So excited! In January comes the paperback release of DARKNESS BECOMES HER, with its new and fabulous cover. And the following month, in February, comes the sequel, A BEAUTIFUL EVIL!

Write down your 'Writing Resolution of 2012!' 

KK: To be a better time manager and not mentally carry my work over into my family time.

No comments: