Monday, December 26, 2011

2011 Author Wrap-Up with Jennifer Hubbard

What was the best book you've read all year? Tell me all about it!

JH: One of my favorites of 2011 was Lisa Schroeder's The Day Before. It's a verse novel about a girl and a boy who are drawn together the day before their lives are going to change.

And I finally got around to reading The Hunger Games trilogy, and I see why every one's been talking about it!

What was your favorite thing you wrote? 

JH: I write so much, I have no idea. I try to write something worthwhile every day.

What was your biggest writing struggle, and how did you overcome it?

JH: Transitioning from one book to another was the biggest struggle. I needed to rest and let the story come to me.


What can we expect from you in the new year? 

JH: My second novel, Try Not to Breathe, should appear in January 2012. It's the story of a boy recovering from a suicide attempt, and his relationship with a girl who's trying to reach her dead father through psychics.

Write down your 'Writing Resolution of 2012!'

JH: I don't make yearly resolutions about writing; I just try to write every day. But my New Year's resolution the past few years has been to do less, to make more room in my life.

Jennifer R. Hubbard
www.jenniferhubbard.com
The Secret Year (Viking, 2010)
Try Not to Breathe (Viking, 2012)



Twitter: @JennRHubbard
Try Not to Breathe ordering page:

No comments: