Monday, August 8, 2011

Xavier

Tumblr_llshrdzcig1qb5g8xo1_400_large
Transcript found that which concerns the case of Rosalinda Samantha Fitzroy and Anna Sheenhan's debut novel, A Long, Long Sleep.


Officer Carolina: So, Xavier. You claim to be reporting a missing person?

Xavier: I think so. Its really hard to tell sometimes. Rose is... well, she’s kind of hard to pin down. Or maybe too easy to pin down. But I haven’t seen her in a while, and I’m starting to worry.

Officer Carolina: Her name might be a good place to start.

Xavier: Oh. Mark Fitzroy’s daughter. Rose. Rosalinda Samantha Fitzroy, if you insist. Why are you putting the pen down? I’m serious.

Officer Carolina: All right. What exactly is your relationship to Ms. Fitzroy?

Xavier: She’s... my friend. She’s always been my friend. I refuse to believe otherwise.

Officer Carolina: Uh huh. Has Ms. Fitzroy ever disappeared before?

Xavier: No! Well, not like this. She’s often... gone. Sometimes for months at a time, but I always know where to find her. I can’t find her this time.

Officer Carolina: Do you have any idea where she could be?

Xavier: Okay, this is going to sound weird. I think she’s in stasis. Her parents kind of... keep her there. They say its so they can raise her themselves, but they’re out of town a lot. So much I... I don’t think its good for her. And I think they’ve taken her stass tube. And I can’t stand it anymore. I’m afraid I’ll never see her again.

Officer Carolina: Let me get this straight. You’re accusing the most powerful family in the world of abusing their daughter? With stasis? One of the most benign and life-saving technologies on the planet?The Fitzroy's are a wealthy, prominent family with a well-adjusted, successful daughter, who might be missing, or simply might be on vacation with her family to one of the outer colonies. Is this what you’re telling me? Excuse me. We have tuberculosis clinics to oversee and we’re getting reports of plague spreading from New York City. Young man, nobody on this planet has time for this kind of nonsense right now.

Xavier: I knew you wouldn’t listen. She wouldn’t listen either.

End of transcript.

1 comment:

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Very cool!

I had Anna stop by and do a guest post for today!