Friday, August 26, 2011

Summer's Crossing

Summer’s Crossing

Author: Julie Kagawa

Publisher: Harlequin Teen E-books

Pages: 72

Read Time: One Sitting

Tag Words: Iron Fey Series, Novella, Ash, Puck, tricks, Queen Titania, calling in favors, Iron Knight

My Summary:

Time for Ash to pay up, and Leanansidhe has come to collect. Just a tiny favor, darling.

This taste of what’s to come in Ash’s tale is worth the read!

My Review:

Puck, I’m sorry, I’m in love with Ash, but bro, you and I should be best friends.

I loved this novella and I wish/hope/pray that Harlequin will choose to publish both Winter’s Passage & Summer’s Crossing in physical form some time in the future.

The revelations, the adventure, and the sticky situation Puck manages to maneuver Ash into is all worth the read. Flip through this short, but sweet story before going back to the Nevernever this fall in The Iron Knight.

Notes on the Names:

The Violin’s name is Vi! I love Julie for that.

Thoughts on the Cover:

I love it more than the Winter’s Passage cover, seriously though, these should be printed for bookshelf purposes.

Parental Book Review *spoilers*

Sexual Content:

Mild.

Queen Titania entertains when her husband is away

Language:

Mild/Moderate

I lost my notes on this book, sorry, but I am confident, nothing too profane.

Violence:

Mild.

Chase scene.

Other Notables:

None.

No comments: