Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Priscilla the Great

Priscilla the Great

Author: Sybil Nelson

Publisher: WorldMaker Media

Pages: 271

Read Time: Did not finish

Tag Words: Middle Grade, siblings, super-hero powers, dating, friendship complications, secrets

My Summary:

Priscilla is a tad surprised when her finger becomes a blow torch, but wouldn’t you be? 

Middle school just got a whole lot hotter...

My Review:

Oi. Alright, I could be diplomatic and say, ‘This book just wasn’t for me,’ but I am at a crossroads. It wasn’t for me, obviously, but I can’t think of anyone I know who would enjoy it. I’ve seen good reviews on Goodreads, and I’ve seen bad reviews. I guess mine is just going to have to be the latter because I should be allowed to justify my opinion on my own blog, right? 

My opinion is that the book is unbelievable. Alright, you’re rolling your eyes at me, because Helll-oo, Gabrielle, it’s a book about a girl who just discovered she has supernatural powers, right? Beyond that, however, the book becomes more and more improbable. Let’s just say tomorrow you grow gills, or your finger becomes a blowtorch, you would freak the !#*$& @$*## out right?! I would go to my parents and demand they take me to the hospital to see if I was mental, I wouldn’t just naturally come in to using these powers. Priscilla is obviously an alien, if she can acclimate to craziness as fast as she did. She also kept mum about it all. Not a word, not to anyone, oh, wait, she tells her best friend, who also reacts sans-melt down.  

Then the powers magically go away. And I magically shut the book. 

Sorry to fans of Priscilla, yeah, just really not my kind of book.

Notes on the Names: 

This poor girls name is Priscilla Maxine. They call her Priss. Poor girl. 

Thoughts on the Cover:

I like the cover make-over this book has received! The copy I read looks like this and I don’t like it. 

Parental Book Review *spoilers*
I didn’t finish this one, so, of course not a full run-down, but I can tell you there was no cursing, I don’t think that would have changed, I am guessing on a first-kiss situation and we did have a couple cheating on each other, and I would expect some good-vs.-evil violence. 

No comments: