Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Lust List (June)

A very special Lust List as this is my birthday month, hooray!

Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa an e-book from Harlequin Teen

Why: It's the Iron Fey, and Puck, and Julie; talk about a triple-threat!

Flying Blind by Deborah Cook from Penguin

Why: I just learned how much I love Dragon's via Sophie Jordan's Firelight and after meeting Deborah at BEA I can't wait to sink my teeth into her YA debut!

The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin from St. Martin's Press

Why: An adult debut I can't wait to get a hold of!

Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares from Random House

Why: I'll let you in on a secret, I cried when I saw that Brashares was writing a fifth book, and though I don't get the cover, I am so ready to go home to the Sisterhood.

Legacy by Cayla Kluver from HarlequinTeen

Why: Self-published teen adventure-story writer gets picked up by HarlequinTeen and given this amazing cover. Talk about a Cinderella Story, people!

Never Sit Down in a Hoop Skirt and Other Things I Learned in Southern Belle Hell by Cricket Rumley from EgmontUSA 

Why: If the title isn't enough to draw you, there is something wrong with you!

Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo & Natalie Zaman from Flux

Why: Possibly one of the books I am the most sad I didn't get the chance to grab at BEA this year.

Hereafter by Tara Hudson from HarperTeen 

Why: Do you see that cover?!

Cleopatra Confesses by Carolyn Meyer from Simon & Shuster

Why: Two words. Carolyn. Meyer.

The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder from Simon & Shuster

Why: The buzz on this one has me hyping! 

Once Every Never by Lesley Livingston from Penguin

Why: Lesley Livingston's first book post-Wondrous Strange, a must read immediately! 

Hourglass by Myra McEntire from EgmontUSA

Why: I recently got a Hourglass cover poster at BEA! And after talking to Myra on Twitter I want to read the book.


3 comments:

Kapri (Book Fanatics) said...

All of these books look great! I'm especially looking forward to Once Every Never!

Bookish Brunette said...

Flying Blind and Once Every Never... I NEED them!!!

Rachel said...

Sounds like a lot of great books! I really liked the idea of a Lust List and am starting it on my blog every month like you do.
You can see it at:
http://rachelrmrblog.blogspot.com