Friday, March 25, 2011

So Much Closer (ARC)

So Much Closer

Author: Susane Colasanti

Publisher: Viking (An Imprint of Penguin)

Pages: 241

Read Time: One Day

Rating (1-5): 4

Tag Words: New York City, Soul mates, true love, moving, college, learning disabilities, divorce, leaving home, moving forward

My Summary:

Scott is Brooke’s soul mate, only he doesn’t know it yet. She’s sure she can convince him by moving to the same city he is, New York City!

My Review:

This is my third Colasanti and I finally “get” it.

I can now see the authors appeal and that these characters are very relatable.  Colasanti’s writing as improved leaps and bounds and I really enjoyed the story; I think it’s truthful, without being in-your-face and invasive. The characters are real, but still retain the Teenager-Stereotype Colasanti has basically trademarked. I think fans of this author will be overjoyed by this newest edition to her collection!

I am still not completely sold, simply because these are just not the characters I can connect with on a deeper level. I still enjoyed the read and flew through it!

Notes on the Names:

Meh. Boring. Rhiannon did make an appearance, however, and that jazzed things up in the name department, however.

Thoughts on the Cover:

I can’t decide who the dude on the cover is... he’s too beefy to be John, but Scott has blond hair. Conundrum.

Also, don’t we all want this girls butt?!

Parental Book Review *spoilers*

Sexual Content:

Mild.

Kissing without much detail.

Language:

Mild.

Bas***d- 1
B- 1
A- 1

Violence:

None.

Other Notables:

Divorce with parents who cheated.

3 comments:

mfay2 said...

Am I the only one who thinks the covers looks af if it was taken in the 90's? Does the story take place in those years? Anyways, I like that you put keywords into the reviews. The only other book by Colasanti I've "read" (it was an audiobook) was When It Happens and I was almost finishing it, but Toby's voice was so annoying and the girl kept repeating the word "like". Didn't finish it. So, I don't know about this one.

Anonymous said...

I've heard a lot about Colasanti, but I'm not big on solely romance. I like a bit of action in my books.

Seems interesting enough though, though I don't really like the name of the book. Too generic.

Lizzy said...

I've heard some really good things about Colasanti, but I haven't read any of her books. I think that's because for my generation, it was Sarah Dessen who wrote these sorts of books. I may give this one a try, just to compare the two. Thanks for the review!