Thursday, December 23, 2010

Blogger Survey Part Deux!

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?


I try and apply my sense of morals, ethics and religious beliefs to what I am reading. Those books, ones with a load of darkness, paranormal creatures and truly atrocious language and sexual content are ones I don’t feel are out of my comfort zone, so much as off-limits to me. It doesn’t make me feel good to read those book, so why should I, right? The books that I feel are out of everyone’s comfort zone are the “issues” books I love to read so, so much. I don’t mind reading a little reality, just as long as I can cry simultaneously.

12. What is your reading comfort zone?

Most Contemporary YA, historical fiction, dystopian, adventure stories, anything remotely Princess related, and some women’s chick-lit occasionally, but nothing fluffy, I am not a fluff-freak.

13. Can you read on the bus?

Back in the good old school days I would listen to music and read on the bus to and from Hell, I mean school.

14. Favorite place to read?

I love to read on my Migun Bed, which is basically a Japanese Massage Table. It’s awesome.

15. What is your policy on book lending?

I don’t lend. Ever. To anyone. No. I use to, then all my books found “new” homes. Not happening again.

16. Do you ever dog-ear books?

No, I’ve never gotten the point when there are so many cut bookmarks!

17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?

Yes.

18. Not even with text books?

Those warnings from the School about how I would be fined never phased me and I apologize to the students who now have my textbooks.

19. What is your favorite language to read in?

I read in English, I sing in French and Italian. No German.

20. What makes you love a book?

It speaks directly to my soul.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?

I rec books to people I know based off if I believe that they will suit them. I rec on my blog based off it I loved it, or liked it, or was iffy, I think everyone should try a book, even if a reviewer wasn’t keen.

No comments: