Friday, January 2, 2015

Lust List (2015)



A New Year, A New List of Books to Lust For!

Here's a collection of twenty-five upcoming releases I'd love to add to The Mod Podge Bookshelf in 2015: 

22294935

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Why: Because I spent a good deal of time in Ravka during 2014, and although this is not the Nikolai spin-off I was praying for, I'm sure this first Dregs installment will be wonderful!

16181516

Monstrous by MarcyKate Connelly

Why: I just really want to read a middle-grade about a girl who is seen/sees herself as a monster/is a monster. I feel like the themes will strike a chord with me. 

22328546

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Why: Because give me blood and royalty or give me death! (Or something to this effect.)

22529162

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

Why: Could this be all I hope for? Could it be more? I'm really excited to find out!

23009402

Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen

Why: I'm hearing that Dessen is going a bit darker in her latest, and I'm interested in seeing how that goes.

23281931

The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes

Why: I bet this book will end up in my Top Ten of 2015 list in a year. Just wait.

18044277

The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma

Why: Three word. Nova. Ren. Suma.

21570318

Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge

Why: Because Hodge's debut hooked me good!

17661416

Made You Up by Francesca Zappia

Why: I've already taken a peek at an e-galley of this title and the writing is yummy.

20454599

Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein

Why: Wein did wonderful things with sisterhood, feminism and militant women with Code Name Verity, now I want to see her take on race.

22402972

Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt

Why: Because the metaphorical concept of forcing a fish to climb a tree as it relates to educational constructs is something Hunt and I have in common.

21469060

The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski

Why: Because I read the last chapter of The Winner's Curse, that's why!

18879761

I Was Here by Gayle Forman

Why: Because Gayle Forman.

22840398

Illusionarium by Heather Dixon

Why: Because the title. Because the cover. Because the gothicsteampunklondonlovestoryalternatehistoryohmygosh!

Almost Famous Women: Stories

Almost Famous Women by Megan Mayhew Bergman

Why: I love the premise!

16096824

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Why: I'm one of the only (if not the only) who did not enjoy Maas' debut, however, the concept of Thorns and Roses is really appealing, so I'm looking forward to starting fresh! 

22429853

Half Wild by Sally Green

Why: I really loved Half Bad, which debuted this past year. I think it's flying under the radar and I hope this sequel can get Green a bit more buzz!

23399232

The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough

Why: I'm hoping this will live up to the premise, because it's a huge, brilliant concept and I want every bit of that fulfilled!

22529160

I Am Her Revenge by Meredith Moore

Why: I haven't seen it pitched as a spin on the Miss Havisham/Estella relationship, but that is what it reminds me of, which is an idea I've thought of before, so I want to see how it could play out!

18883231

Denton Little's Deathdate by Lance Rubin

Why: Because this is just my kind of book.

22447220

Ensnared by A. G. Howard

Why: Because it's the final chapter in this Weirdified Wonderland, but I have a feeling it will end with a BANG! Or a tea party, one never knows with these kinds of things.

18081228

The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows

Why: Because Jodi Meadows writes cool things, therefor, I am.

22843652

The Death Code by Lindsay Meadows

Why: So excited to see a friend's sequel hit shelves this year, but I'm kind of sad to know that Meadow and Zephyr's story will resolve itself so soon- I think I'm getting too used to multiple sequels. 

18798983

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

Why: It's a retelling. Tell me the story of a retelling and I'll tell you a story of how that retelling found itself in my TBR.

22453734

Anne & Henry by Dawn Ius

Why: A contemporary retelling about historical figureheads. Who also happen to be one of my favorite historical couples to speculate about- Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. Yes, the king with all the wives, and, yes, the wife whose head was tragically severed from her body at his behest.

No comments: