The Theory of Everything Blog Tour
In The Theory of Everything, the main character, Sophie Sophia, makes Survival Lists.
How to survive a new town, a new school, and parents!
If you've ever been trapped in the car with a Mom or Dad who was on a serious Soft Rock/New Age kick, this list, made exclusively for Mod Podge, should help; at the very least, maybe you won't be tempted to open the door, roll out, and take your chances. (Soft rock can do that to a girl.)
How To Survive When Your Mom Controls The Car Radio
by Sophie Sophia
1. For the good of your ears – and your sanity – change the station.
2. When she changes it back, put your headphones on, The Cure tape in and press play.
3. Engage in seat dancing. (The Lovecats is perfect for this.)
4. Look at your mom. She's talking, but you can't hear her, which means she's miming. SHE'S A MIME! *Giggle.*
5. Seat dance until you've reached your final destination.
6. Viola! You made it. Repeat as often – and as wildly – as necessary.
Continue the tour – and read Sophie's thoughts on wearing whatever she wants – July 17th at Alice Marvels.
Kari Luna is a teen novelist and whimsicologist. Her YA debut, The Theory of Everything, combines string theory, 80's mixtapes and shaman pandas in one book without making you dizzy.
Watch the awesome video:
And find Kari, here: www.kariluna.com