Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Contest Craze: Chapter 13


Gabrielle's bookshelf: currently-reading

Go Ask AliceWuthering HeightsEclipseWicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the WestRedeeming LoveTwo-way Street

More of Gabrielle's books »
Okay, so it's time to get spooky!

First of all I would just like to say that the idea of spoiling a book for myself reduces me to a puddle of pure fear, so I technically broke the rules, but I chose a book I am always in a continuous state of reading, and re-reading. It is my very favorite novel and if you are any kind of stalker reader of mine, you'll know which book that is:


The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

And wouldn't you know it Chapter 13 is particularly spooky, it's the chapter where Joe and Lennie are in the woods where, "The dry trunks of the old growth redwoods creak and squeak eerily over our heads."

The phrase I chose as the best interpretation of the 'scariness' of the moment is...

*cue organ music*


Lions. And Tigers. And Bears.

I'm not sure I can choose between them, they are all quite ferocious! 


Contest craze is still being hosted by Cindy, Princess Bookie.

This Mini-Challenge is being hosted by The Non-Reluctant Reader.



No comments: