Monday, April 11, 2011

Autism Awareness Hop: For Tommy

get-attachment.aspx.jpgBack again, are we? I am really loving participating in these hops. I know that some bloggers feel morally opposed to "bribing" people into being followers, but I am not one of them.

I am no fool who believes that every person who subscribes devoutly reads this blog. I have five blogs I read devoutly and a few I visit occasionally. Similarly, I have a mental list of about 40 or so people who I call true followers of the Mod Podge Bookshelf. They post comments, write me e-mails, tweet me encouraging things and spread the word of this blog, not because I ask, but because they do out of sheer awesomeness.

So thank you to those forty, and thank you to all the rest who stop by, and for those who just come for the contests. You are all supporting me, you are making this fun idea of writing on a blog bigger than just me and my computer screen.

Alright, so now that I am done with my speech I want to say that this hop is very important to me.

My cousin- Tommy- was born with Cerebral Palsy. He is months younger than I am, but as I go out in the world and make my way he is bound in a wheel chair, unable to speak, or walk, or even lift his head on his own. I am doing this hop for him, and for the many kids I've worked with in my life who have varying degrees of physical and mental handicaps.

Blessed are the pure at heart, for they shall see God. Matthew 5:8

The winner will receive a signed copy of Class Collision, by Annette Mackey. 

How can you win?

Be a GFC follower.

Leave me a comment with your GFC name, your e-mail address and please say, "For ____" listing someone you are hopping for. If you know no one personally, I would really appreciate if you hopped, "For Tommy."



3 comments:

nicolesender said...

gfc follower:nicolesender
nicolesender(at)yahoo(dot)com
"For Tommy"

Anonymous said...

GFC follower: mk261274

mk261274 at gmail dot com

For Sage

Lisa said...

GCF: Lisa Hoffpauir

lhoffpauir at gmail

For Jeremy :)