Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme created by Breaking The Spine to spotlight some pre-release books bloggers are itching to get their hands on!
I’ve decided to do things a bit differently here on the Mod Podge Bookshelf. As a penniless and raged college student, I can’t afford to just drop everything and buy a book at full price when it’s first released, sometimes there’s some waiting involved. So, not only will I spotlight pre-release books from my wishlist, but also books on my wishlist that have been released recently that are not in my possession.
Here we go!



Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
Sounds sad and hopeful at the same time. (As a note I recently aquired this one through NetGalley!)

The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
I have often thought what a society of do-gooders would look like in public school.

Gabrielle's bookshelf: currently-reading

Go Ask AliceWuthering HeightsEclipseWicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the WestRedeeming LoveTwo-way Street

More of Gabrielle's books »
Gabrielle's currently-reading book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

12 comments:

Straylights said...

I want both. I want both NOW. Awesome that you got Awaken through netgalley. Hurry up and review it! :)



Check out my WoW :D

June G said...

I read the Mockingbirds and it's great. Nice choices. The cover of Awaken makes me wonder what THAT'S about!

Miss Page-Turner said...

Hey Awaken! Got the net galley and need to start reading this soon. It really sounds like a book worth the wait:)
How do you like Delirium so far? I'm in love with this novel!
Here is what I am waiting for: WOW

And don't forget to check out my giveaway...here!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I am SO obsessed with mason jar covers.

Scoot said...

I just got Awaken from netGalley also! Can't wait to start on it b/c it sounds fabulous. Great picks!

Carissa said...

The cover of awaken looks very interesting. Gonna have to check that one out! Thanks for stopping by.

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

Oh these are great picks - I especially can't wait for awaken! :)

bibliophile brouhaha said...

Faaaaabulous picks!! I am looking forward to both myself!

-Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

I'm really excited to read both of these too! The idea of a technological dystopian future is fascinating because it's so utterly plausible. Great picks!

Alison Can Read said...

I'm super excited for mockingbirds. I've heard almost universally good things.

Lizzy said...

I totally understand what you mean about being a poor college student haha. The local library is my best friend, and I usually wait for paperback releases. Great picks!

Sugar and Snark said...

Awaken looks great!