Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful, so Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving Y’all!              

Wow, it’s been a year? You lie.

I’m one of those people that the holiday’s make a habit out of sneaking up on. Time goes both too slow and too fast for me, I guess that’s the first thing I’m thankful for!

I asked all those entering my SHS to tell me what they were thankful for, and everyone came up with an awesome answer, personal to them and meaningful to all.

I would like you to continue that; tell me in the comments what you are grateful for.

My Mother, a woman both lovely, and wise!
I am first and foremost thankful for my mom, who is basically my everything wrapped in a red-headed package. She taught me to write, encourages my dreams and indulges my whims. She’s my best friend. Mum, thanks for cooking today, even though it is your birthday. You are awesome, and my angel on Earth.


My Dad, the Triathalete

I’m also thankful for my dad, who doesn’t have to fly this Thanksgiving! Yay! I am thankful for his work ethic and for his love. He gets so excited every time something “cool” happens to me, I love that! He is also the reason I can keep a cool head most of the time, I owe my shrewd buisness skills to him.


Giggie

I’m thankful to my grandparents, who we are living with while in between another move. Giggie, thanks for letting me crowd your guest room with books. Poppa, thanks for smiling even when you don’t get why I’m so happy to be holding a new book in my hands.

I’m thankful that I live in a country where my belief in Jesus as my saviour, and God as my Father, is not illegal.
 I’m thankful to the team of professionals who prepped me for surgery, and for the brilliant surgeon who worked on me. This surgery has changed so much for the better!

My Poppa nickname Eyore, he knows why
I’m thankful to Melanie, who has believed in my voice since I stepped into her studio. Thanks for helping me retrain after surgery.

I’m thankful for books, and the fact that everyone got to Speak Loudly this year! There is no better escape than a story.

Best thing about being a girl- no shame in Teddy Bears!
I am thankful for all of you, I wish you could see my face when I get a new follower, you would either grin back, or have me committed.

Claire AKA Clairdy Cat Code Name: Foxy Loxey
Sophie Rose, the Princess
Cokie, who is a black-hearted whackadoodle










And for the little, silly things, I’m thankful for Belinda, my polar bear stuffed-animal and my three pups, Claire, Cokie and Sofie Rose. I’m thankful to whom ever realized that raspberry+chocolate=heaven. I’m thankful for the Macy’s Parade, and those I share it with. I’m thankful for lyrics, and those who sing them, to help the rest of us heal from the things we cannot put into words. I’m thankful for snow, lots and lots of snow. I’m thankful that Christmas always comes, whether we thing we’re ready or not.

***

And now, because this just so happens to be a Thursday, BLOG UPDATES!

The Badass Bookie is hosting all the coming 2011 Debs on her site and is holding an awesome contest to celebrate, y’all, go check out the awesomeness!
Now, go eat too much, unbutton your pants and settle in with a nice book...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful list! I am thankful I have a daughter like you!