Saturday, January 22, 2011

Weekly Update, Holly Schindler, ABC Challenge, Winners!

Update!
I know, it’s Saturday, not Thursday, but I still thought I would update you on the goings ons.
Firstly, I was invited by Andye at Reading Teen to join Parental Book Reviews as a writer and I was happy to accept! The only change in format is that at the bottom I will post a Parental Book Reviews segment, which you do not need to read to get my thoughts on the book. You will be able to descern sexual content, language, violence and any ‘other’ aspect I think a reader should know. I cannot promise these segments will be spoiler free, and have made sure you know when to stop reading. 


Secondly, Holly Schindler, the author of A Blue So Dark and the upcoming novel, Playing Hurt has published a blurb from my review of her debut novel on her Website, click Here to check it out! It is such a great honor to be among reviewers such as Kristi, The Story Siren, Cass from Words On Paper, Princess Bookie and James of BookChic. Holly, you rock'n'roll my Superstar! Holly will be stopping here on her Playing Hurt tour! Hooray!
Thirdly, I am participating in the Bloggiesta. Why? Because I put this kind of effort in daily. I figure there should be some glory in it, right? ;) You know I kid- I love my after-hours job.


Fourthly, I have accepted one more challenge, it’s the ABC book challenge hosted by Thoughts of a Book Junkie. These are my 26 books, some I have already read this year!
A- April and Oliver by Tess Callahan
B- Bad Queen by Carolyn Meyer
C- Chance to Die, A by Elisabeth Elliot
D- Daughter of Xanadu by Dori Jones Yang
E- Eli the Good by Silas House
F- Falling In Love With English Boys by Melissa Jensen
G- Goldengrove by Francine Prose
H- Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart
I- If We Kiss by Rachel Vail
J- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
K- The King’s Rose by Alisa Libby
L- Lily of the Nile by Stephanie Dray
M- Maze Runner, The by James Dashner
N- Nefertiti by Michelle Moran
O- Other Words For Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
P- Pearl by Jo Knowles
Q- Queen of Everything, The by Deb Caletti
R- Rewind by Laura Dower
S- Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti
T- Ten Cents a Dance by Christine Fletcher
U-  Unidentified Redhead, The by Alice Clayton
V- Vespertine, The by Saundra Mitchell
W- What Would Emma Do? by Eileen Cook
X- XVI by Julia Karr
Y- Year My Sister Got Lucky, The by Aimee Friedman
Z- Zel by Donna Jo Napoli 
And Lastly, WINNERS!

The Winner of You from the Out With A Bang Mini-Challenge is: Arcadia
The Winner of the Paranormal Triplicate from the Dreaming of Books Hop is: BornaJHawk
I have e-mailed the winners and will get those out ASAP.
Have you seen my post about the HUGE Valentine’s Event on my blog?
You can gain double entries for the contests now through January 31st! 

No comments: